2022-23 Library Budget
Voters passed the 2022-23 LPL budget by the count of 1,740-409 on Tuesday, May 17.
They also reelected Yvette Hewitt, Mary Schapley and Dennis McLaughlin to five year terms to the Board of Trustees.
The three trustees elected will be sworn in again during the July meeting.
What will the tax impact be?
A 2.49% tax impact is at the allowable property tax cap. Compared to the 2021 rate, a 2.49% increase will be $0.02 per $1,000 of assessed value in the Town of Salina and $0.83 per $1,000 of assessed value in the Town of Clay.
- The Interactive Play Area completed the Children’s Room renovation.
- LPL went fine free!
- ‘Pool Pass, a virtual library card for students in the Liverpool CSD, was developed and piloted at select schools in the district.
- StoryWalks were embraced at Willow Bay, Onondaga Lake Park and schools in the Liverpool CSD.
- Programming choices increased with more hybrid events available.
- “Let’s Read, Liverpool!” invited the community to join in summer reading.
Library stats for 2021:
- Items Checked Out (Physical & Electronic): 269,082
- Participants for “Let’s Read, Liverpool!” Summer Reading: 1,101
- Reference Questions: 11,151
- Children’s Programs Offered: 575
- Total Children’s Program Attendance: 10,805
- Adult Programs: 320
- Adult Program Attendance: 3,988
- Community Partnerships: 120 (and growing!)
- One-on-One Programs: 1,122
- WiFi Use: 5,165 Sessions
- Website Sessions: 145,125 Visitors
Past Budgets -
Budget Vote Year
Budget Vote Status
Board Members Elected
|2021-22 Library Budget||
Voters passed the 2021-2022 LPL budget by a count of 943-193 on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
Below is a copy of the approved 2021-2022 budget side-by-side with the previous year's budget.
Board Members Elected:
The board appointed Dennis McLaughlin for a one-year term.
|2020-21 Library Budget||
The budget votes were counted on Wednesday, June 17. The library budget passed 5,019 to 1,752.
Due to the pandemic all the voting was done completely by absentee ballots.
On Friday, May 1, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo signed an executive order regarding the annual Liverpool Central School District (LCSD) and LPL Budget Votes and Board elections. What would typically take place on the third Tuesday in May at the school will now be held remotely on Tuesday, June 9.The vote will take place exclusively by absentee ballots.
|Ashley Gouger was voted in as Trustee with 5,639 votes.|
|2019-20 Library Budget||
The library budget vote was Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at the former Wetzel Elementary School
The budget passed 1,062 to 241.
|There were no open Board of Trustee seats this year.|
|2018-19 Library Budget||
The library budget vote was on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 from 6am-9pm at the Liverpool High School, 4338 Wetzel Rd.
The budget passed 1018 to 275.
|Denise Baker was elected board trustee with 1021 votes.|
|2017-18 Library Budget||
The Library Budget Vote was Tuesday, May 16, 2017 from 6am-9pm at Liverpool High School Gym.
The budget passed 1086 to 271.
|Board Members elected: