The Liverpool Public Library offers the following, all free, by appointment only:
Laptop, Apple or Android Mobile Device help sessions, including iPads, Chromebooks, tablets, and smart phones
- For appointment, visit our Events Calendar to book an appointment for Tech Help.
- You must bring your own Mobile Device or laptop.
- Help is available at the Basic "getting started" level; advanced topics are not covered
- The librarians at the Information Desk can help you with quick pointers, direct you to the eBook catalog websites, and provide you with helpful flyers with instructions for digital downloads on a drop-in basis without appointment. If you are not familiar with using your mobile device or tablet, please call and schedule an appointment.
Our LPL Tech Help sessions are designed to:
- Familiarize patrons with common computer and internet functions
- Help patrons utilize technology effectively
- Help patrons develop the skills to accomplish common internet communication tasks
Our LPL staff and volunteers are not able to:
- Spend more than 30 - 60 minutes per person, per week.
- Fix broken equipment
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics, unless it is related to library-provided online features
- Install software unrelated to library services
- Tutor in advanced programs like web development technologies, photo editing, and OCR scanning, for example
Library staff cannot be held responsible for damage to patron-owned equipment.