Computers in the Children's Room
Children must be under the age of 13 to use the following computers in the Children's Room:
- Three AWE Early Literacy computers featuring educational and gaming software for preschoolers and early elementary students are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Three Windows computers loaded with educational and gaming software for kids are available on a first come, first served basis. A library card is needed to sign on. Guest pass is available at the Children's Desk.
- These are connected to the Internet and to a black and white printer.
- An iPad loaded with child-oriented apps is available for use in the Children's Room
- Children 13 and over must use the internet computers in the Adult Area. Laptops (see above) with bookmarked kid's online games are available and may be used by older children in the Children's Room, if a responsible adult is able to check it out from the circulation desk with a valid New York State Drivers License or NYS-issued non-Drivers ID.
A separate internet computer that can be used by a parent/care-giver accompanying a child in the children's room is also available. This computer may be used by either the parent/care-giver, or the child (or the care-giver's client/charge).
A fourth AWE Early Literacy computer is located at the table with the Parent computer, and is available to users of any age. It is not connected to the internet or printer. It features educational and gaming software designed for preschoolers and early elementary students.
Printing from the Childrens Computers is free, as long as it is not excessive.
Children may sign up at the children's room information desk for 30 minutes.
Children's Computer Use Hours
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m – 8:45 p.m. Friday 9 a.m – 5:45 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Sunday Noon – 4:45 p.m
Internet Use Policy