Adults and Teens
Liverpool Public Library has offered public access computers since 1981. We started with an Apple II+ computer in our children's room. Today, we offer the following computer resources to our users:
Computers in the Adult Area
WINDOWS WORK STATIONS
- 7 Dell PC’s (60 minute reservation)
- 1 Express Dell PC (15 minute reservation)
- 1 Companion Dell PC for two individuals who wish to sit together. (90 minute reservation)
- All include Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher), Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
- ·Equipped with USB ports to allow patrons to save documents to USB flash drives.
SCANNING WORK STATIONS
- 2 Scan Macs with document scanners for multi-page documents (90 minute reservation)
- 1 Scan Mac a flatbed scanner and Adobe Creative Cloud (90 Minute Reservations)
QUIET ZONE WORK STATIONS
- 4 Dell PC’s (90 minute appointments.)
- Located in the back of the library near the study rooms.
- To minimize noise, patrons are not permitted to work together on these computers
Collaborate @ LPL
A work station is also available in the Collaborate @ LPL room for patrons who need to take computer administered tests for coursework delivered by distance learning. Skype software is installed and a webcam with microphone is available for patrons who wish to conduct a video conference. To access this computer, you must make a reservation for the room here.
You can reserve computer time in person or over the telephone by calling 457-0310. Walk in reservations can also be made at the PC reservation station at the library.