If you are a United States citizen and do not yet possess a United States Passport Book or Passport Card, you may now apply for a passport at the Liverpool Public Library. Appointments are required.
The U.S. Passport Book is a globally accepted travel document regardless of mode of travel.
The U.S. Passport Card is a wallet-size card that can only be used for land and sea travel between the United States, Mexico, Canada, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
Appointments are required; call (315) 457-0310 ext. 104 or ext. 148.
For more details regarding United States passports, visit the US Department of State website.
The following documentation is required to begin the application process:
- Official State-issued birth certificate (abstracts and hospital certificates are not accepted), expired United States Passport or naturalization certificate.
- State-issued photo identification
- One check or money order for the application fee made payable to U.S. Department of State.
- Payment (cash, credit/debit card or check) for the $35 execution fee payable to Liverpool Public Library.
- One passport photo - The Liverpool Public Library offers passport photos for $10.
- Application forms - Available online or at the library.
Processing Times are generally 14-16 weeks for routine service, 12 weeks for expedited service. Check online for the most current info.
14-21 days after your application has been submitted you may check the status online.
Please visit the Department of State for information regarding applicants under the age of 16.
FEES FOR ADULT APPLICANTS (16 Years & Older)
- Adult Passport Book & Card • $160 plus $35 Execution Fee*
- Adult Passport Book • $130 plus $35 Execution Fee*
- Adult Passport Card • $30 plus $35 Execution Fee*
FEES FOR MINOR APPLICANTS (Under Age 16)
- Minor Passport Book & Card • $115 plus $35 Execution Fee
- Minor Passport Book • $100 plus $35 Execution Fee
- Minor Passport Card • $15 plus $35 Execution Fee
- Check or money order for the application fee is made payable to U.S. Department of State. The execution fee of $35 is payable to Liverpool Public Library.
Please note: U.S. Passport fees are standardized. Every passport acceptance agency charges a $35 execution fee.
- Expedite Fee (per passport) • $60
- Overnight Delivery • $18.32