National Library Card Sign-Up Month
To sign up for a library card, visit: https://catalog.onlib.org/polaris/patronaccount/selfregister.aspx?ctx=31.1033.0.0.4
To celebrate National Library Card Sign-Up Month 2021, we've come up with a list of 30 reasons why you should be an LPL cardholder! Yes, that's one for each day in September ...
30 cool things to do with your new library card
1. Learn that new language you’ve always been wanting to with Mango.
2. Turn your tablet or smart phone into a reader by checking out books with Libby.
3. Brush up on the college courses that got away from you with Linked-In Learning.
4. Go on a music listening spree with Freegal.
5. Change your luck … Find a new book without the wait with our Lucky Day collection.
6. Check out audiobooks, music, videos and ebooks with hoopla digital.
7. Get to the parks before winter with Onondaga County Explore Outdoors Pass.
8. Go online by checking out a Chromebook.
9. Access the internet from anywhere when you check out a Hotspot.
10. Increase your TV channels by checking out ROKU or ROKU Premiere.
11. Set up a family game night by checking out tabletop games.
12. Find your favorite musical artists to check out from our CD collection.
13. Check out a ukulele and make some music of your own!
14. Watch your favorite movies the same time as Video on Demand with our Lucky Day collection DVDs.
15. Watch many more movies on your screens with Hoopla.
16. Discover that glass really can be art by checking out the Corning Museum of Glass pass.
17. Read daily newspapers at the NewsBank database.
18. Read thousands of magazines on Libby.
19. Host a book club with our Book Club in a Bag kits.
20. Research your next big appliance purchase with Consumer Reports.
21. Discover a new world with our Discovery to Go kits in the Children’s Room.
22. Research your next class project at our in-library computer stations.
23. Discover your family tree with Ancestry.
24. Find that elusive phone number or address – business or personal – with Data Axle Reference Solutions.
25. Draw up a historical timeline with Decades in American History.
26. Finally read the great American novel, whatever your taste tells you it is.
27. Secure an audiobook for the next long car trip with Libby.
28. Visit parks across the state with the Empire Parks Pass.
29. Convert those VHS tapes to DVD with our Video Conversion Suite.
30. Place holds for items and pick them up in the LPL
* You'll have to set up a PIN while securing your new card to access many of the online resources.