Starting Wednesday, May 19, here is the mask-wearing policy at the Liverpool Public Library
Under the guidance of the CDC, NYS Governor, and County Legislature, the Liverpool Public Library will adopt the new CDC guidance on mask use and social distancing at this time. Unvaccinated individuals, under both CDC and state guidance, must wear masks within our facilities. Although mask wearing for vaccinated people is not required, we encourage everyone inside our libraries to wear a mask out of consideration for all our library visitors. We appreciate our visitors responsible and respectful cooperation with this revised policy, as some of our library visitors have not had access to the vaccine, are not yet fully vaccinated or have a compromised health issue.
During this time, LPL will continue to service all our community members, no matter their vaccination status, by:
• Continuing curbside service for patrons who prefer or cannot enter the library
• Maintaining capacity limits, monitored through our occupancy counter
• Continuing to provide virtual events and programs
• Providing outdoor programs where possible
We now offer two options to come to the library: LPL Express Visits and Grab it & Go: LPL Garage Holds Pick Up.
Please note we have a new system for booking Grab it & Go: LPL Garage Holds Pick Up.
You can book by calling the library at 315-457-0310. Please note that phone reference is not available five minutes before closing.
Starting Monday, April 19 - New LPL Express Visit Guidelines
Why, and what is the biggest change?
Thanks to our new density counter, we’ve adopted new guidelines for visiting the LPL. There’s no need to make an appointment first. Density counters at each door will let patrons know if they can enter or not. They may be found on our website at: https://lpl.org/about-lpl/about-us/liverpool-public-library-occupancy-preview/
How long can I stay?
There are still limits to the capacity allowed in both rooms. We ask that you keep your drop-in visit short, possibly to 30 minutes for browsing, so more of our community can enjoy our library. Computer use time will be limited to a single one-hour session per patron each day.
What remains the same?
Social distancing and mask-wearing are still required. Some main room and Children’s Room services are still limited.
What happens if the density counter says the library is full?
Patrons will be asked to wait to enter the library until visiting space becomes available.
Is there still curbside pickup?
Yes, our Grab It & Go: LPL Garage Holds Pickup Service remains by appointment by calling 315-457-0310.
What are the LPL hours of service?
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Coming to the Library
When entering the library...
You can use either the Second Street (Route 370) or Tulip Street entrance. The public elevator and garage are still closed for public parking.
6 feet social distancing must be maintained.
Hand sanitizer is located throughout the library for your use.
If you have any of the following, please do not enter the facility.
- A fever above 100.4 degrees
- Sore throat or a cough
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
- If in the past 10 days, you been exposed to anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19
- If in the past 10 days, anyone in your household has been exposed to anyone with COVID-19
- If you have traveled to one of the states on the NYS travel advisory list in the last 10 days
What Can I Do at the Library?
What can I do during an LPL Express Visit
- Browse and check out materials using self-check-out stations
- Pick-up your holds in person
- Search the online catalog
- Complete a library card application or upgrade from a temporary library card
- Get library account assistance
- Use the self-service copier
- Return materials inside
- Sit and read: one person per table/chair. Seating is limited and has been placed for proper social distancing.
- Use two designated study rooms, available on a first come, first served basis
- Fill your water bottle at the filling station - food is not allowed in.
- Use LPL computers
What should I know about using library computers?
- Computer availability is limited
- Computers will be socially distanced
- Maximum time available per session is 60 minutes
- Computer use limited to one session per user/day
- Hands-on staff assistance not available at this time
- Sessions will end at the conclusion of the appointment time- no extra time can be granted
- Children’s room computers are not available
Services We Are Not Offering at This Time
At this time, we are not quite ready to:
- Host in-house events and programs
- Allow gatherings/meetings
- Allow food and drink inside the building, vending not available
- Accept book donations. For the safety of our patrons and staff, all OCPL libraries are not accepting book donations
- Limited computers and toys are available in our Children’s Room
- Offer passport application/processing services
You can bring in items to be returned during your Express Visit. There will be a spot for returned items near the Information @ LPL Desk.
You can also return items anytime to the Tulip Street book, Second Street and garage book drops.
Because of their value, "Library of Things" items need to be returned to the library in person.
Please note that, for safety reasons, all items will be held in quarantine for four days before they are checked in and will still show a status of "out" on your card. Your items will be returned and show a status of “in” shortly after the quarantine.