Ask a Librarian
Ask your question in any of the following ways
If you have a question that needs a short, factual answer, or if you have a question about the library or any of its programs and services, call us during our regular business hours. Call (315) 457-0310.
Text Message Reference Questions
Text us at 66746 - start your question with Info2go.
Detailed instructions will tell you exactly how to send your reference questions to our librarians from your cell phone.
Standard message rates apply.
Tweet Us at http://twitter.com/askus247
Email a member of the Liverpool, NEW YORK Public Library Reference staff
We will attempt to e-mail the answer to your question within 24 hours, or sooner!
Please use the form below to submit your reference question to the librarian at the Liverpool Public Library's reference desk.
If you provide lots of information, we can give you the best answer.
- Do you need specific dates?
- Do you know the names of people connected to your question?
- Is your question about another country or a specific period in history?
- Do you need a book, an article, a video, an audio book or software?
You are writing to the Liverpool, NEW YORK library in the U.S.
24/7 Online Chat
Connect with a librarian via live text chat to ask reference questions and get answers in real time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Onondaga County Public Library subscribes to QuestionPoint, a worldwide, collaborative service. When you connect, you will often be chatting with a librarian from outside the Onondaga County library system.
The faster the Internet connection, the better the experience.
"Chat only" users need:
"Chat and Cobrowse" requirements are:
* Microsoft Windows (2000 or XP) for IE6. Microsoft Windows (XP or Vista) for IE7
* A Java Virtual Machine such as the Sun Run Time Environment 1.4.X or 1.5.X or the Microsoft Virtual Machine.