The library has two small rooms available for study or small group meetings:
Small Study Room, SSR (new, March 2016)
A room with table and 4 chairs. Computer equipment is not provided, but WiFi is available. Bring your own laptop, or see the staff at the Customer Service Desk to borrow a laptop for in-library use.
Reserve the room online, in 1 or 2 hour increments, up to a maximum of 3 hours.
Collaborative Learning Center, CLC
The Collaborative Learning Center is a small study room with computer, projection system, and interactive white board. It can accommodate up to 4 people. Reserve the room online, in 1 or 2 hour increments, up to a maximum of 3 hours.
- a valid OCPL library card number and PIN
- email address
- (optional) phone number for text message confirmation
Once a reservation is made, a text confirmation will be sent to mobile phones as well as to your email address. You can cancel your reservation from a link in the email you receive. Please retain the message until after you have used the room.
The Collaborative Learning Center has an interactive projector. You may connect your own PC or tablet to the projecter. The room is equipped with a Dell Windows 7 PC with Internet connectivity, Microsoft Office software, Skype, webcam, access to the LPL printers, a white board with electronic stylus. A projector can be used with the white board.
Study Room Rules and Expectations [pdf]
1. The CLC and SSR can be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis using the Library's online D!BS system.
2. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your reservation, the room may be released to another user.
3. Reservations will be made using a library card in good standing. The card holder must be present while the room is in use.
4. A D!BS reservation can be made for a 1 or 2 hour session. Reservations will start on the hour or half-hour.
5. A D!BS reservation can be made up to 1 week in advance.
6. A person can have no more than 2 pending reservations.
7. Room use is limited to no more than 3 hours in any given day.
8. The person who schedules the room will be held responsible for the conduct of all group members and condition of the room at the end of scheduled time.
9. Groups exceeding room capacity may be asked to vacate.
10. The CLC and SSR rooms are not soundproof. Please be considerate of other users in the area. Groups that are excessively noisy and disturbing other library users may be asked to leave.
11. Doors in the rooms may not be blocked, locked, and the windows cannot be covered, other than with the blind that is provided.
12. Furnishings from other parts of the Library may not be brought into the room. Laptops and tablets may be brought into the room.
13. Do not leave personal belongings unattended. Unattended items will be removed and sent to the Library's Lost and Found. The Library is not responsible for any unattended items.
14. Do not leave children under the age of 12 unattended.
15. The Interactive white board, projector, computer, and webcam in the room are for your use. Interactive pens for the board can be obtained at the Customer Service desk, with a library card.
16. Please throw away any trash before you vacate the room.
17. The room must be vacated 10 minutes prior to Library closing.
18. The library's Patron Code of Conduct must be followed while using the study room.
19. The library's Internet Use Policy must be followed while using the study room.
20. Granting of permission to use the library facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Board of Trustees or the library staff of the beliefs or ideas expressed by groups using the space.
21. Public performances of copyrighted material such as music and movies usually require the permission of the copyright holder. The group planning to show or perform such material is solely responsible for obtaining the required copyright clearance.
- Cooperative and courteous behavior is expected. Please realize that the Collaborative Learning Center (CLC) is a limited resource, with anticipated high demand for collaborative activities.
- With appropriate notice, staff members are available to provide a brief orientation to the available technologies in the CLC. Requests for orientation should be made in advance, through the staff at the Information Desk. Brief, unscheduled orientations may be possible depending on current staff availability.
- The Liverpool Public Library strives to maintain high reliability of the computer equipment in the room. The room may be unavailable for some periods in order to allow maintenance of the equipment. The Library assumes no responsibility for losses as a result of computer and A/V equipment failure.
- POLICIES, INCLUDING THOSE ON THE AMOUNT OF TIME AND NUMBER OF RESERVATIONS ALLOWED, ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION.
- THE LIBRARY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY OR REVOKE PERMISSION TO ANY USER OR GROUP WHOSE PLANNED USE OF THE LIBRARY'S STUDY ROOM(S) IS DEEMED DETRIMENTAL TO THE LIBRARY'S OPERATIONS. VIOLATION OF LIVERPOOL PUBLIC LIBRARY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MAY RESULT IN DENIAL OF FUTURE ACCESS TO THE SPACE.
- Thank you for limiting your use of this room to 3 hours.