Classes & Tutoring
Group Computer Classes
Many types of computer classes are offered on a regular basis. Class subjects include blogs, devices, genealogy, and more. Scheduled classes are described in the quarterly program guide. Check the Event Calendar and reserve a seat as these popular programs always fill fast!
The Central NY PC Users Group often offers classes and workshops at the library. Consult their webpage for details.
Need more individualized help?
Make an appointment for a session with a one-on-one computer tutor. Our tutors are volunteers, so schedules vary. Call (315) 457-0310 ext. 150 for more information.
In partnership with Education To Go, we offer a wide range of highly interactive courses that you can take entirely over the Internet for an affordable fee. All of the courses include expert instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors. These online courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you. Ready to explore our catalog? Classes are available in the following topics:
- Accounting and Finance
- College Readiness
- Computer Applications
- Design and Composition
- Health Care and Medical
- Language and Arts
- Law and Legal
- Personal Development
- Teaching and Education
- Writing and Publishing
FREE! Easy to use.
Online and Hard Copy Certificates - documentation of your work is ideal for resumes and professional portfolios
- You will need a 14-digit OCPL library card and valid e-mail address to create an account.
- Enroll in up to 5 courses.
- 6 months to finish each course.
- Access to your course 24/7 via the Internet.
- Attend class and do assignments on your schedule.
- Each course has a real instructor who you may communicate with using e-mail.
- These are non-credit courses and are provided for your personal enrichment.
- These courses are not intended to be a substitute for any state, government, licensing, or educational requirements.
See the catalog for a complete list of available classes.