Welcome to Liverpool Public Library
The Liverpool Public Library values the role of volunteers and views them as an important resource in meeting the Library's mission. Volunteers can provide valuable links to the community we serve. They enrich library services and programming with their energy, creativity and dedication, and can supplement the work of paid staff. As members of the community, they enhance the ability of the Library to deliver services by contributing their talents in many areas. Volunteering for the library not only enhances services, but also provides opportunities for partnering with the Liverpool Central School District and other groups and agencies seeking to place volunteers.
Volunteers will be placed according to their talents, abilities, and knowledge in relationship to the tasks and needs of the Library. The match between individual volunteers and the work that needs to be accomplished may mean that not all applicants can be accommodated.
- Available at least two hours a week and the willingness to be "on call" for specific or recurring tasks (such as bulk mailings or children's programs.)
- At least one reference attesting to volunteer's integrity and commitment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Reliability and commitment.
- Skills commensurate with assigned duties.
- Willingness to abide by Liverpool Public Library work rules.
- Willingness to perform work as assigned by supervisor.
- Willingness to volunteer in Liverpool, New York