Need a Passport?
If you are a United States citizen and do not yet possess a United States Passport Book or Passport Card, you may now apply for a passport at the Liverpool Public Library.
Appointments are required. For more information...
The U.S. Passport book is a globally accepted travel document regardless of mode of travel.
The U.S. Passport Card is a wallet-size card that can only be used for land and sea travel between the United States, Mexico, Canada, Bermunda, and the Caribbean.
Appointments are required and may be made by calling (315)457-0310 ext 104.
Appointments are available:
Monday through Friday • 9am - 5pm.
Also evenings and weekends with advanced notice.
For more details regarding United States passports, visit the US Department of State website
RENEWING? You MAY be able to do it yourself by mail.
CHECKLIST: The following documentation is required to begin the new application process:
• Official State-issued birth certificate (abstracts and hospital certificates are not accepted),expired United States Passport or naturalization certificate
• State-issued photo identification
• One check or money order for the application fee made payable to U.S. Department of State
• A second check or money order (or cash) for the $25 execution fee, made payable to Liverpool Public Library
• Application forms - Available online or at the library.
• One passport photo- The Liverpool Public Library does not take passport photos.
Locations that have photo departments take passport photos for a small fee including:
Rite-Aid:703 Old Liverpool Road • (315)451-2765 and
Rite-Aid 7398 Oswego Road, Liverpool • (315)451-3218
Processing Times are generally 4-6 weeks for routine service, 2-3 weeks for expedited service. Check on online for the most current info.
Please visit the Department of State for information regarding applicants under the age of 16.
FEES FOR ADULT APPLICANTS (16 Years & Older)
Adult Passport Book & Card • $140 plus $25 Execution Fee
Adult Passport Book • $110 plus $25 Execution Fee
Adult Passport Card • $30 plus $25 Execution Fee
FEES FOR MINOR APPLICANTS (Under Age 16)
Minor Passport Book & Card • $95 plus $25 Execution Fee
Minor Passport Book • $80 plus $25 Execution Fee
Minor Passport Card • $15 plus $25 Execution Fee
Check or money order for the application fee is made payable to U.S. Department of State. The check or money order (or cash) for the execution fee of $25 is made payable to Liverpool Public Library.
Please note: U.S. Passport fees are standardized. Every passport acceptance agency charges a $25 execution fee.
Expedite Fee (per passport) • $60
Express Mail (one way) • $15.45