The School District Office moved to a building on Seventh North Street on June 9 and the library found space in the Village Mall on Vine and First Streets. June 20th would be moving day.
June 12 marked the annual budget vote. 1867 voters approved ( and 1286 opposed) the $121,915 operating budget. Stuart Krupkin, Mr. Frederick and Nicholas J. Vaccaro were elected to the Board.
July 31, 1974 marked the day the old red brick district office building was demolished.
Groundbreaking ceremonies for the new edifice took place on September 16th and the library closed so that all staff could attend.
In August the five member Board approved the installation of a computerized circulation system by Gaylord Brothers of Syracuse. The Liverpool Public Library would be the first library in Onondaga County to have such a system. Gaylord Brothers, the oldest library manufacturer in the world, began their operations in the early twentieth century in Syracuse and erected their current building on Morgan Road in Liverpool in 1968. Being so close to their offices was definitely an advantage whenever technical support was needed.
On September 16th the library closed at 11:15 a.m. so that all employees could attend the groundbreaking ceremony for the new building.